deleting shortcuts in the intray by the clock

derek-220674 09:44 06 Jan 07

How can i delete some of the shortcuts that are in the the taskbar intray by the clock

VoG II 09:45 06 Jan 07
  Graham. 09:50 06 Jan 07

This would be the Notification Area. Right click on the Taskbar, Properties, Taskbar, Customize. Right click on Behavior, choose an option for that item.

tonyx1302 12:54 06 Jan 07

Following on from VoG's link I have discovered that my S/Con/Utility is set to 'Selective' start up in the general menu and I don't know if this is right. Should it be set to 'Normal'? I have never played about with this utility so it seems to have set itself in this selection. My pc is running brilliantly at present and I suscribe to the " If it ain't broke ......" theory but I am just interested.
I have XP Home with SP2 and don't want to alter the settings just for the sake but wonder what would happen if I changed to Normal and would I alter and settings or notice and difference?

With thanks

Tony

tonyx1302 13:34 06 Jan 07

Bump^

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:40 06 Jan 07

what programs do you have listed in the start tab of MSconfig? and which ones have ticks in the boxes (tick = selected to run, will running all if set to normal and therefore may slow your PC)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos