Deleting saves in Microsoft 2007 word doc

podlod 04 Sep 11
Answered

Hi, if you click the large button on the left hand side at the top of the screen, a panel will open and it enables you to use various options such as print, email, etc; well one of the items in question i wish to refer to is the save button. when I click this option it has a list of all my past docs that I have made, can you please enlightem me as to how I can delete them, and for future also? thank you.

gengiscant 04 Sep 11
Answer

Just delete the original document from wherever you have it saved, it is only listed as you have recently opened it.

If you just want to delete the history or change the amount of Docs displayed. Try this.

Open office 2007 click on Office button, then Word Options.
Then the advanced tab, scroll down to the Display section, then Show this number of Recent Documents. Setting this number to 0 will clear the list. You can then reset the number if/as desired.

Remember Brian' Google is your friend.

podlod 05 Sep 11

Hi Glenn, thanks again, it worked a treat, and yes I know google is my friend ....... but my brain is not!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message