Deleting restore points

JimT 20:17 01 Feb 03

How do I delete restore points in Win XP?

howard60 20:28 01 Feb 03

progs - accessories - system tools - system restore - left hand side - sytem restore settings and click in switch off restore. Dont know why you would want to this is the best thing about winme and xp. If you need to clear something out like a virus make sure you put it back on again afterwards. This has got me out of deep dodo on a couple of occasions.

JimT 20:31 01 Feb 03

I meant how do I delete old restore points which I won't ever need and I assume they are taking up disk space.

jediknight007 20:39 01 Feb 03

Right click on hard drive, click on Disk Cleanup, then chick on tab More Options, Clean up... for System Restore, it will then ask if you want to delete all your restore points up to the last one. Click on yes. Saves you tons of space.

JimT 20:48 01 Feb 03

Thanks, jediknight007

Legolas 21:58 01 Feb 03

Win XP only saves restore points up to the space allocated for the purpose once that space is full it will drop the oldest one, you can set how much space you want to allocate to this by going into the system restore window and clicking on "system restore settings" on the left hand pane.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…