deleting a programme ??

Magik ®© 14:23 19 Jan 05

hi, Is there an easy way of deleting a programme in XP, i have been into control panel and taken it out of add/remove, been into programmes and deleted the file. yet, when i download the prog to start again all the bits of it are still in the new download, hope that makes sense...

ps: my nerves wont allow me to mess with the registry............

Jackcoms 14:31 19 Jan 05

Download and run click here after un-installing the old one and before re-installing again

mattyc_92 14:46 19 Jan 05

It is fairly safe to edit the registry, provided you create a "backup" of it!!!!

Use Registry Mechanic for registry repairs and it will ask for you to create a backup and acept this for your system's health.. It is very rare that Registry Mechanice damages the registry, it just looks for damaged/currupt keys and asks you if you want to repair them (most of the time it asks if you want to remove them though)..... As long as you follow the on-screen instructions for this program, your system will stay healthy and may even load programs faster and boot up quicker!!!

Magik ®© 14:54 19 Jan 05

Jackcoms..hi,just clicked your link, and i dont suppose it is, but i think that ccleaner has taken out something i need, i ran "issues" and there were loads of stuff, so i clicked "clear", just been looking to see if i can put it all back, but can not think i can, unless anyone knows better...

hi, thanks i will download it now, and give it a whirl, if no one comes forward and tells me that "issues" in ccleaner can be put back.

thank you both

Jackcoms 15:00 19 Jan 05

If you ran Issues in CCleaner you have to tick (select) all the Problems it finds before it removes anything.

It will then offer you an option to back up the registry before it does anything else.

In fact, it's safe to delete anything which CCleaner finds under Issues.

For what it's worth, I've used it now once a week for the last 7 or 8 months, NEVER backed up the registry and never had any problems.

Magik ®© 15:19 19 Jan 05

Jackcoms hi, i suppose i am clutching straws...which is not for the first time............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…