Deleting Program files

wams 13:50 06 Mar 07

When i am deleting program files that i don't want or use anymore i feel as though they still lurk around, sometimes i stumble on files that are associated with the program i have deleted.

How can i totaly delete the whole program and its stray files

rawprawn 13:55 06 Mar 07

When you say "Delete" I hope you mean uninstall. If not always uninstall programs through Add or Remove Programs, or using their own uninstall utility. Sometimes you have to manually remove icons etc on you computer. I suggest running a cleaner such as CCleaner click here

wams 15:09 06 Mar 07

Yes, i do mean uninstall how silly of me.

If i were to manually uninstall programs and its files how would i go about doing that instead of downloading CCleaner

rawprawn 16:42 06 Mar 07

I am sorry for the delay I got called out. I am not really sure what you mean "Manually uninstall programs" As I said before after programs have bee unintstalled using the correct method they can leave bits lying around. The best way would be "After Uninstalling" to do a search for the name of the program and then delete anything the search finds.
CCleaner will scan the registry for any orphan files and you can delete them safely. But if you have an aversion to this don't bother with CCleaner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5