deleting a program in add and remove

Brian-318590 18:46 24 Nov 04

hi how can i remove a program in add and remove section of win xp ,its a game which has no folder or any other reference to it at all even in add and remove the right hand part to remove it is missing just the used and rarely parts are visibly when clicked on

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:52 24 Nov 04

Crap Cleaner click here this may clean it from the registry and it should then disappear after a reboot.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:57 24 Nov 04

This is how to do it....click here

G

JIM 19:04 24 Nov 04

I take it you have tried to remove the program?

Not to unusal to have that situation with regards the add/remove programs having not much info in there.I have many myself and well know full products.I would think at one time you must have installed though it appears as if you have uninstalled the folders/files etc by other means.

Suggest a download of regseeker which will clear up entries left behind and from the add/remove programs list.

Brian-318590 19:31 24 Nov 04

just tryed the first two methods the second editing thr reg manually its not even there on the registry i,m away to try the third method now

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:37 24 Nov 04

You should have the registry entry....this programme will remove the bits (add/remove pro).....click here

G

Brian-318590 19:56 24 Nov 04

all the programs i,ve tried don,t see the game title at all the last one saw all the others and missed out the the game title looks like its stuck there

GaT7 23:45 24 Nov 04

Try Tweak UI for WinXP- click here. Direct d'load - click here. After install you can remove the entry in the Add/Remove tab (of Tweak UI). For additional tips for using Tweak UI (if required) - click here.

If the above doesn't work for any reason, post back & I'll give you another program to try. G

Brian-318590 15:40 25 Nov 04

no it won,t remove it it just not there according to any program i,ve tryed which looks right enough its only in add and remove program lists is there a file which stores the lists that i can delete it from?

Brian-318590 15:57 25 Nov 04

its hard to beleive i down loaded regseeker again and it removed it this time thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…