Deleting a Program

russmini 17:28 24 Aug 08

Ok, following on from this click here Thread.

There has been identified eScan Anti Virus as on my Computer. Don't know how it got there, but there it is...

Now with the 2 Entries in Task Manager, i found the Microworld Folder in Programs/Common Files. Tried to Delete it, but comes back as Access Denied...

Is there something i can do to Delete it another way ??? Program or otherwise ?

Thank you as usual for your forthcoming Excellent Advice...

Russ.

VoG II 17:30 24 Aug 08

You should remove it using Control Panel > Add or Remove programs.

rawprawn 17:31 24 Aug 08

Have you looked in add / remove programs in control panel? If it's there uninstall it.

mfletch 17:37 24 Aug 08

Can you tell us the name of the folder you are trying to delete does it contain a LSP if yes dont delete it you will probable loose your Internet connection

If it does not contain a LSP and it is not listed in your control panel try using this {Unlocker} you may have to use it more than once,

click here

russmini 17:41 24 Aug 08

VoG™ & rawprawn

Yes, i have.

I'll be honest, i Don't think it's all the Program.. Just some Remnants...

Oh and i have various Cleaners etc, so can't understand why it would be there.

russmini 17:43 24 Aug 08

mfletch

Not sure what you mean by LSP...

woodchip 17:45 24 Aug 08

Try this, Open the Folder then delete items from the bottom one at a time. then see if it will let you remove the folder. otherwise try it in Safe Mode

mfletch 18:40 24 Aug 08

Layered Service Provider (LSP)

Security program may use it,

They all work together so if you delete one you brake the chain,

One major common issue with LSPs was that if they were to be removed or unregistered improperly or if the LSP was buggy, it would result in corruption of the Winsock catalog in the registry, and the entire TCP/IP stack would break and the computer could no longer access the internet

It will say LSP in the folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…