Deleting Program

anniesboy68 16:49 26 Jul 03

I have a program which would not finish installing [ie hanged on installation]Ctr/Alt/Del.cured the access back to desktop. However the incomplete prog will not delete through normal means as there is no install log, it says. Access is denied through trying manual attempts. Is there anything out there can overcome this problem please!

menorcarob2 17:02 26 Jul 03

click here and download the free trial version i found it very good and very thorough it even finds programs that you didnt know you had

anniesboy68 17:12 26 Jul 03

Cannot see any trial version on that site!

User-312386 17:22 26 Jul 03

click on the "download the final version" at the bottom of the page

it will then take you to the download page

it will be a time limited demo

madboy33

menorcarob2 17:29 26 Jul 03

that was a bad site try this click here

anniesboy68 18:02 26 Jul 03

Have downloaded and installed that suite but believe it or not it doesn't show the program I want to delete. Something is wrong here now , End it all will not run properly, and the computer will not shut down, needs two attempts.System restore will not restore to an earlier time. Time for a reformat me thinks!

rawprawn 20:22 26 Jul 03

Type Run/ Type regedit / Highlight My Computer / Click on Edit / Click Find /Type in the exact name of the program you are trying to delete/ Click find/ Look at what it finds & delete ONLY the references to your program / click find again & do the same. keep doing that until it finds no more references. That will clear the registry of your problems. Make sure that you make a BACKUP of your registry before doing this in case of any mistakes

rawprawn 20:24 26 Jul 03

After the first find, it is called find next not find again.

hugh-265156 20:34 26 Jul 03

if its xp,use system restore or select last know good config.at startup.

Belatucadrus 20:51 26 Jul 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac