Deleting previous printer

2CV6 13:50 13 Dec 04

Hi, I've got a new printer and tried the uninstall for the previous one, an epson 480 stylus. There are still things there relating to it. How can I get rid of everything associated with the old printer?Thanks, 2cv6.

jack 14:01 13 Dec 04

Go to Printers and Faxes
There you will see an icon for your old printer.
Right click on the icon and click Delete.
If you have a registery/ disk cleaner program such as Norton or Ashampoo run it to clean up.

mbp 14:14 13 Dec 04

I have found a program such as "Registry First Aid" so useful for such purposes and I have used it again and again. It is safe if you don't go silly on it. Another such program is Registry Mechanic. Both are useful complimentary tools for some of us who try out new programs and then decide we do not really care for it. Both are Trialware, I believe.

Also, look at Q290301 "Windows Installer Clean Up Utility". Anyone care to elaborate on this utility?

2CV6 14:44 13 Dec 04

Thanks to you both. I will now do as mbp suggests to see if all is gone. 2cv6.

2CV6 18:07 13 Dec 04

Hi, downloaded both progs and ran them. Registry mechanic kept crashing and the first aid prog found literally thousands of invalid files. I see what you mean about being careful and not going over the top. Couldn't risk deleting that amount of material. Thanks anyway, 2cv6.

mbp 18:38 13 Dec 04

click here
This article might be a useful guide.

mbp 18:41 13 Dec 04

Link is faulty. Sorry.

mbp 18:44 13 Dec 04

It can be tedious if you want to go through it carefully and only repair those that you can definitely identify. If you are not sure, it is best to by-pass it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…