deleting operating system

kevc 18:42 20 Apr 03

recently i upgraded to windows xp and although it said a clean install it did not delete my other operating system which is windows 2000. So everytime it boots it asks which operating system and i pick xp but is there a way of deleting this without formatting and how do you do that because i put the xp cd in and it just installed and didnt give an option to delete the other o.s. also ive converted to ntfs.

Gman 18:48 20 Apr 03

You have deleted Win 2000 it's just that you need to ament the boot.ini file accordingly. Right click My Computer,properties,advanced and select 'Startup and Recovery settings'.Click to edit startup options and view the boot.ini file. Delete the line that reads Windows 2000 and save the amended file. Re boot your PC and it will go straight to Windows XP.

kevc 18:55 20 Apr 03

i'll try that and get back....cheers

kevc 19:06 20 Apr 03

cheers mate, that works. simple when you know how. Does that mean that 2000 os is now completely deleted.

kevc 19:12 20 Apr 03

i dont suppose you know anything about formating cells in exel. I want to add two formulas in one cell. Is this possible. and how do i do it. One of the formulas is to auto calculate for example in a1 which is day 1 the finish time is 18.00. in b1 which is day 2 the start time is 9.06, so how would i write the formula to calculate the total time in between these times and the other formula is to add hours to a monthly total. this is why i need both formulas in the cells.

Embezzler 19:15 20 Apr 03

When upgrading to XP did you select Upgrade or New installation in the combo box?

MAJ 19:21 20 Apr 03

It might be better to start a new thread for the Excel question, it will get a lot more notice then.

kevc 19:25 20 Apr 03

new instalation......and yes i will start a new thread

kevc 20:17 20 Apr 03

i dont suppose you know anything about formating cells in exel. I want to add two formulas in one cell. Is this possible. and how do i do it. One of the formulas is to auto calculate for example in a1 which is day 1 the finish time is 18.00. in b1 which is day 2 the start time is 9.06, so how would i write the formula to calculate the total time in between these times and the other formula is to add hours to a monthly total. this is why i need both formulas in the cells.

Embezzler 21:10 20 Apr 03

Did you uninstall Win 2000? Because if you did a New Installation on top of Win 2000 then that OS is still on your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…