Deleting old ' word docs '

tonyx1302 10:11 22 Mar 06

I seem to have accrued a vast amount of old documents in Word which I would like to delete. I have checked under File/Edit etc but cannot seem to find the answer and have also gone to previous posts unsuccessfully.
Any thoughts would be gratefully received

Tony

johnnyrocker 10:18 22 Mar 06

you can either select edit/select all delete or they are interspersed with ones you wish to keep hold ctrl and click on them individually and when you have highlighted all you want then file delete.

johnny.

tonyx1302 10:29 22 Mar 06

Thanks johnnyrocker. I did as you suggested and have deleted all that I wanted too but find that the document headings are still there when I open File in word. How do I clear these please or will that happen on reboot

With thanks

Tony

rmcqua 10:33 22 Mar 06

Have you deleted them from the recycle bin?

tonyx1302 10:38 22 Mar 06

Yep! Just emptied the bin but the headings are still listed in File

Tony

VoG II 10:44 22 Mar 06
  tonyx1302 10:54 22 Mar 06

Thanks very much VoG. Simple when you know how. I did check with Google before posting but got a bit bogged down with all the suggestions and I never thought about 'support' from M/Soft

Thanks again

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…