Deleting old setup files.

Chris Webster 23:50 18 May 05

Probably a bit of a daft question this but after downloading and installing a programme e.g the new CCleaner update, can i delete the setup.exe file as my 'downloads' folder is getting a bit full now.

Thanks, Chris.

Jak_1 00:34 19 May 05

To be honest I would just burn the files to a cd, should you need to re-install the os then you have those exe files handy to put sreaight back on and not having to download them again.

You can safely take them off the hdd without interfering with the program.

Taff36 06:54 19 May 05

I always download the installation files to a folder on my hard drive called Upgrades. It has sub-folders for Spyware, Anti-Virus etc. I install the programs from there and as Jak_1 says I then burn them to disk periodically which is useful if I need to update a friends computer when they haven`t got a broadband connection.

I delete old versions as new one`s are released and it is perfectly safe to do so. You can re-install simply by putting back the file to your hard disk.

Chris Webster 23:18 19 May 05

Thanks for the info, I'll burn them to cd as a backup.

Cheers, Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…