Deleting old drivers

skylark101 21:02 08 May 06

While reading a section of text on installing peripheral devices it says: if you are replacing an existing device with a newer device you should be certain to remove any currently installed drivers before installing the new ones to prevent conflicts. In win 9/me simply select the device driver that you want to uninstall and click the remove button. I can locate drivers in Device Manager but as far as I can see there is no means of removing them! Can anyone help?

Devil Fish 21:25 08 May 06

try right clicking on the on the device select uninstall

Longhouse 22:25 08 May 06

Through control panel go to system, then device manager. Select the device you want to remove, then remove.

Remove drivers though control opanel, add/remove programmes.

Shut down and power off. Remove old hardware from the computer, install new hardware, then restart. Win 9x/ME should detect new hardware and ask for drivers disk or location. Follow the on screen promtps (install drivers disk, point to location on HDD, etc) and allow windows to install drivers for new device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…