Deleting a Network connection?

Daibus 14:19 12 Aug 06

Where do I go in Windows XP Home to delete a Network connection that I set up?

Cheers.

Fingees 14:24 12 Aug 06

Control panel.

Network connections.

Daibus 14:31 12 Aug 06

I should have been more explicit.

What I want to delete is a Wireless Network connection that I made to my laptop downstairs.

Cheers.

ade.h 14:56 12 Aug 06

If it is the current and only connection, then it cannot be deleted (the option on the context menu will be greyed out). It can be deleted if you have more than one connection of the same type - they will be numbered if this is the case.

I did once find some info from a site that suggested that you could delete a single solitary connection, but I have a feeling that it doesn't actually work. I'll see if I can find it anyway.

ade.h 14:57 12 Aug 06

Forgot to add: if your reason for deleting the connection is because you made an error or you want to make a new connection to replace it, just make that new connection and then you can delete the original and rename the new one.

ade.h 15:00 12 Aug 06

click here explains it quite well, albeit a bit briefly.

click here is that article that I mentioned. It's a bit vague as to whether a single connection can be deleted, but IME, AFAIK it cannot (greyed out) unless/until you make a new one.

Daibus 15:29 12 Aug 06

Many thanks for your reply ade.h.

I do not wish to delete my connection that I have to the internet only the named Network that I made from my desktop to my laptop with the Wireless Setup Wizard in Control Panel, where the name is still showing that I wish to delete.

Not explained very well - apologies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video