Deleting MP3 player files help required please

golfpro 08:05 18 Jan 06

I have a Denver MP-507 memory stick type MP3 player with a 512 mb capacity.
I download music into it from my Real Player music library, what the instruction book does not tell you though, is how to delete all or some of the songs from the player to make room for new ones, except one at a time using the player which would take ages.

My OS is XP Home, when I plug the unit into the USB and view the drive in “My Computer”, all the songs are listed there. My question is, could I use the delete facility here by high lighting the files and hitting the delete button, or would it be better to do this through Real Player which also lists the songs I have downloaded and has the same delete facility?

I just don’t want to corrupt the player’s hard drive, so I hope someone can help with this. I tried contacting the companies support last week but have had no reply as yet.

Monoux 08:15 18 Jan 06

On my daughters MP3 player we simply plug it in to a USB slot - view the files using windows explorer -highlight and delete the unwanted files with no ill effects at all. In fact files are put onto the MP3 player by copy & paste from hard drive to MP3 drive

Totally-braindead 11:02 18 Jan 06

My 512mb MP3 player just appears as a removeable hard drive, I rip CDs using Windows Media Player 10 and just copy and paste the files from the hard drive to the MP3, to delete them again I just click on the MP3 player, right click on the files I wish to remove and delete them. I've never had a problem but obviously I'm not using realplayer so haven't any idea if it would cause a problem. Wouldn't have thought so but can't be 100% certain. If you're unsure at all then I would have thought it would be better to use the realplayer removal tool.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…