Deleting mail

ben 18:40 05 Mar 03

I have received the following
Warning you have used xxx of your xxx.mail quota, please delete some mail.

How do I do this to the best of my knowledge I delete most mail after it has been read.
This leaves me mystified.

Terrahawk 18:53 05 Mar 03

if it is web based email normally you have to check a box to the left of the message in the inbox and then click on delete

Pesala 18:54 05 Mar 03

Mail account providers offer a limited space on their server, maybe 2 Mbytes. It is best not to have your email deleted automatically after you fetch it to your hard disk, as you may need to retrieve it again if you need to reformat your drive or reinstall software.

If someone sends you an email with a large attachment your quota fills very quickly. You need to log on to your account and delete some mail from the server.

If this makes no sense to you. Post again, and tell us your email provider e.g. Hotmail, Yahoo, Clara, etc., and then forum users with similar accounts will not how to help you.

Pesala 18:55 05 Mar 03

Mail account providers offer a limited space on their server, maybe 2 Mbytes. It is best not to have your email deleted automatically after you fetch it to your hard disk, as you may need to retrieve it again if you need to reformat your drive or reinstall software.

If someone sends you an email with a large attachment your quota will fill up very quickly. You need to log on to your account and delete some mail from the server.

If this makes no sense to you. Post again, and tell us your email provider e.g. Hotmail, Yahoo, Clara, etc., and then forum users with similar accounts will know how to help you.

ben 19:05 05 Mar 03

My server is BT and the only mail which I have in my box is about 7 messages with no attachments at all.
This is why I could not understand the message.

Does it concern cookies? I have deleted freshly all those in my files. I do this in any case about once a month.

Lú-tzé 20:54 05 Mar 03

ben - go into mail.btinternet.com and enter your details (username / password) and see what might be there - it sounds as if your email client is not deleting mail from the server when it is downloaded.

What is your email prog?

woodchip 21:02 05 Mar 03

It means you need to download all your MAIL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…