Deleting "Links" from the Favourites menu

Newuser1252 11:13 19 Jan 03
  Newuser1252 11:13 19 Jan 03

Hi everyone, just a small but annoying problem, I run XP Pro and IE 6, I cleared the Favourites menu on the task bar in IE of the usual standard rubbish items, MSN, Radio, Links, etc; But Links keeps re-appearing, I have edited the registry but still it keeps coming back. Does anyone know how I can get permanently rid of "Links" or is it another evil plot by Microsoft to send me slowly barmy?

ellas 12:31 19 Jan 03

you say you have edited registry,so you have removed the links key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internetexplorer\toolbar and double clicked the LinksFolderName entry and deleted links from the value data box leaving it blank,then closing regedit and opening I/E and deleting the links folder and restarting computer.

Newuser1252 16:00 19 Jan 03

yes, have removed this key, but "Links" still re-appears

-pops- 16:09 19 Jan 03

At risk of appearing unsympathetic, I find it odd that you can get so worked up: "is it another evil plot by Microsoft to send me slowly barmy?" over such a minor thing.

It wasn't until today that I've ever noticed a section called "links" in favourites, never mind get worked up about it - and I have been computing a good number of years.

If I were you, I'd just try and forget about it, there is an imminent war in the Middle East that has far worse implications.

Brian

ellas 16:55 19 Jan 03

sorry Newuser1252 no idea why that does not work.

Newuser1252 17:06 19 Jan 03

I'm sorry Brian, I didn't realise my small problem was connected to a middle east war, I will try to ignore The "Links" problem, maybe it will make the threat of war go away. Thanks for your "help" though. I will close this thread now before armagedon looms over the horizon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…