deleting a key logger

fairy snow 11:57 27 Mar 06

Each time "Spy Vest" runs it reports a key loger reistry key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zlg.
a) should tis worry me?
b) how do I get rid of it?
ps. Each time Spy Vest finds it it deletes it, but finds it again at next scan.

ACOLYTE 13:08 27 Mar 06

If you are running XP it may be in the system restore files,right click my computer,select properties,then the system restore tab and tick the box to turn off system restore,then run another scan when its done turn on system retore again.I should point out that in turning system restore off it wil delete all the restore points on the pc.You could also try a scan with this app
click here.

fairy snow 23:31 23 Apr 06

I tried running this scan but picked up nothing. I will perhaps run it again tomorrow before Spy Jacket has a cxhnce to get atev it.
Jim

george 23:39 23 Apr 06

Hi,

TRy the free scanning at Panda Labs,

Its called Active scan and is on the left of the page.

click here

Cheers,
George

dogbreath1 08:01 24 Apr 06

Categorisations do change from time to time. For example, XoftSpy is now regarded as a legitimite application...though was considered rogue during 2004.

SpyVest is classed as Rogue Antispyware by the respected Spyware Warrior site:- SpyVest (spyvest.com) poor scan reporting; variant of NoSpyX, SpywareCleaner, Spyware Slayer, Spyware Stormer, Spyware Wizard, & X-Spyware (1); Ad-aware knockoff [A: 7-20-04 / U: 4-13-05]. This info. can be found at:- click here

I'd try Ewido as suggested by Acolyte and there's nothing lost in scanning with Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D and a-squared....all free, all effective and if the scans are clear you should be OK (Google for sources).

Personally, I'd consider uninstalling SpyVest but ultimately it's your decision.

fairy snow 21:59 24 Jun 06

Many thanks to all who tried to help. Unfortunately I have been tied up recently and will now try the proffered advice.
Sorry for the delay in responding
Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5