Deleting hot mail

1st spring 14:49 07 Mar 10

I have Windows 7. I am using Windows Live hot mail, I would like to delete 2 that I know longer use, but not sure how to do it. I found out how to close the account, When I tried to close it I couldn't it said I had to close the email first. at least I think thats what it said then I think it said I have to wait so many days before it is finalised. I am not sure where I found the Close Account. Could anyone lead me to it and tell me how to close and what to expect, should it have said account closed?

Technotiger 14:57 07 Mar 10

How to remove and configure account in Windows Live Mail ....

1. Launch Windows Live Mail.

2. Right-click your ACCOUNT and then select the “Remove account” option.

3. Click on the “Yes” button in the confirmation window.

4. Close the Windows Live Mail application then restart your computer.

northumbria61 15:00 07 Mar 10

click here

If you close your Windows Live Hotmail account, all mail will be deleted and your account is marked inactive. This means that you can no longer send messages from it, and it won't accept any new mail either. Messages to your Windows Live Hotmail account then bounce back to the sender with an error message.

Technotiger 15:02 07 Mar 10

Hi, sea princess XP is not closing an account, simply getting rid of a couple of old hotmail addresses.

Sea Urchin 15:17 07 Mar 10

There does seem to be some confusion here between between Windows Live Mail (which TT refers to) and Windows Live Hotmail (in the original question and referred to by northumbria61).

Here is how to close a WL Hotmail account if that is what's required:

click here

1st spring 15:41 07 Mar 10

I have gone through it all put my password in and tried to close account.

Message comes up Cannot close """"""hotmail.co.uk. There is a Microsoft email account (Windows Live Hotmail) associated with your account so you can't close your Window Live account immediately. To close your Windows Live Account you need to close your Microsoft email account first. After a period of inactivity Your Windows Live Account Will automatically be closed. Close you Microsoft account

1st spring 15:49 07 Mar 10

Do not understand this. TT does know what I am trying to do. Delete 2 email address that I do not need. As far as I know they are called accounts.

1st spring 16:00 07 Mar 10

Going to see my friend TT he will hopefully sort it for me;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…