Deleting history in Outlook Express

Connaught 08:21 02 Jun 05

Despite clicking the delete web site visited history button in Tools, I am still left with history details in drop down list on the address bar.

Entering a letter of the alphabet in the blank address bar throws down a list of sites beginning with that letter.

Can anyone tell me what I must do to effectively delete this history. Tools do not seem to help.

Thanks

anchor 08:31 02 Jun 05

I assume you mean history in Internet Explorer.

Have a look here:

click here

EARLR 09:53 02 Jun 05

Get Ccleaner

Filch 14:12 02 Jun 05

To clear the drop-down list - click Start, click Settings, click Taskbar and Start menu, click Start Menu Programs, click Clear.

Magik ®© 15:06 02 Jun 05

I think you will find that the list you get when you type a letter in the "open" box in IE, are all coming from "favorites"....to prove it, find a letter that nothing starts with, and type it in......nothing should come up...

Filch 15:15 02 Jun 05

To clear the hidden files in the regeistry, both history, URLs, and cookies, and more, use Spider. You can get it for free at click here . You may have to run it a couple of times to get every thing.

Connaught 17:15 02 Jun 05

Thank you Anchor,Earlr,Filch and Magil for all the help. I have 1uite a bit to try so will do so and report back

Thanks again

Connaught

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now