deleting hidden files

CabbageWhite 10:05 07 Apr 10

I have just uploaded a BT broadband installation program and find it has created 2 yahoo 'crashlog' files totalling 16 GB. BT disclaim any responsibility. The files can only be seen on a defrag log but otherwise can't be found. This is what the larger one looks like -

14.75 GB \Documents and Settings\Barry\Application Data\Yahoo!\Companion\CrashLogs\ytdump-2009.9.20.2-1270201150.log

Anyone know how I can find and delete this file which does not appear under 'Applications'?

Thanks

rawprawn 10:09 07 Apr 10

Dose show hidden files help?
click here

oldbeefer3 10:12 07 Apr 10

In control panel, folder options, view - is 'show hidden files, ticked?

oldbeefer3 10:13 07 Apr 10

Slow fingers again!

Covergirl 11:30 07 Apr 10

I had problems finding temp internet files a couple of years ago - only FreeCommander helped in my case. It will probably allow you to find the hidden files you require.

click here=

john bunyan 11:53 07 Apr 10

If you have Malawarebytes (free anti malware), in the tools option there is "File Assasin" that is said to delete locked files. I have not used it but it may be worth a try. Also if you can show hidden files, try dragging it to the recycle bin. Another way is to drag it to the desktop, then restart in safe mode and then drag it to the recycle bin.

Zeppelyn 13:14 07 Apr 10

Another way is to use the Custom Files and Folders option in CCleaner. A better way would be to uninstall all BTYahoo software, you dont need any of it.

CabbageWhite 13:50 07 Apr 10

Thanks for your response guys - with your help I have now isolated the offending files. Before I press delete (really I have no option) does anyone know if files of this type have any current/ongoing application or (as they imply) they are just records of events?
Thanks again.

oldbeefer3 14:51 07 Apr 10

Set a restore point first in case. You can always roll back if you have probs.

CabbageWhite 21:23 07 Apr 10

Having reset the 'restore point' I took a deep breath and pressed delete...... and after a long wait now have my disc space back. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple