deleting headers and footers

caulkhead 16:57 PM 09 Jun 11

Hi, I have a large document which I am trying to format correctly but it has placeholder text present in the headers space. I don't want headers or footers in my document but every time I go into edit header to try to delete it, it shows a symbol with a cross through it which won't allow me to delete. Does anybody know how to do this as I have tried so many times and it just won't budge. Thanks Caulkhead

gengiscant 17:24 PM 09 Jun 11

Any help

Headers/footers

gengiscant 17:24 PM 09 Jun 11

Any help

Headers/footers

caulkhead 17:43 PM 09 Jun 11

Hi, tried going through it again with the help page you sent me, very useful,still can't get it to delete, press on the edit header but there is no delete button and when I try to delete it nothing happens. I think there must be something in the set-up which is stopping me from doing this as I have never had the proble before but just don't know what to look for, feeling very confused at the moment. Thanks for your reply. Caulkhead

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…