Deleting HD on an Asus EEPC100H

laptopdunce 14:55 26 Jan 15
Answered

I have an Asus EEPC1000H netbook that I want to sell on ebay, how can I delete all the fotos and things on it before I sell it? do I have to use a special programme or can I "format" the HD myself straight from the netbook? and if so how do I do this? I have only used it on internet a few times and am wondering if any passwords have been saved on it (which will obviously have to be deleted) thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 26 Jan 15
  1. Reset to factory conditions

2. download CCleaner

3. Use the Tools - Drive Wiper feature to wipe the free space on the c drive and fully wipe any other drives it may have. (if your paranoid about security set it to the Advanced 3 passes setting)

nothing will be left for anyone except a CSI team to recover.

laptopdunce 15:22 26 Jan 15

Thanks for that, I have tried the hole underneath with a paperclip but now it is opening again, loading windows and my normal log in page but its not accepting the password I used. is this normal? I thought it would clear all my log in pages with passwords if it does a factory reset from the hidden button underneath?? what should I do now?? I cant get into the netbook at all now. LAPTOPDUNCE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:23 26 Jan 15

just press enter

laptopdunce 15:38 26 Jan 15

I managed to get in on F8 safe with networking and looked in all the files and there are no photos or docs on the docs/photos folders, and I formatted the D drive which was empty, so the pressing of the little button underneath must have wiped everything, but how can I get rid of the log on screen if I cant log in with my password on the normal log in page? Can I do this from Safe mode?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 16:18 26 Jan 15

Its still coming up with my own windows homepage log in, and it wont accept my old password, so how can I get into the netbook?? pressing enter does nothing, only keeps bringing up the "have you forgotten your password" thing, what a pain!!! LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 16:27 26 Jan 15

Ive got in now!! its accepted the password now, amdownloading the CCleaner prog and will run it as you say, with drive wiper set on level 3 - just to be sure, do I ONLY set it to wipe the C & D drives for "FREE SPACE" and not "ALL the drive" ?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 16:28 26 Jan 15

OK got it, only FREE space on the C drive and ALL the D drive, thnaks

laptopdunce 16:37 26 Jan 15

Ok I am wiping the drives now, (says it will take 2 hours for C drive on free space) my next question is: how do I stop the log-in page when windows first starts up? I want to just sell it with no log-in page so whoever buys it can set up all that sort of thing themselves, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:24 26 Jan 15

I would have thought factory reset should have deleted all accounts including yours

did you remove mains lead and battery beforeoperating the reset button?

laptopdunce 18:47 26 Jan 15

Yes I did!! I did it twice but it is still coming up with the windows log on page with my name on it!! I think its very odd too, it did clear all the files, I have now done the drive wipes so I am going to try and find out how to delete the log in window, will it be in the start menu in control panel? in user accounts?? thnaks laptopdunce

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac