Deleting google search history

SumKindaMonster 15:45 20 Mar 04

how can i clear the history of what has been searched for on google? i have deleted temp internet fdiles cookies etc but its still all there? how do i get rid of it?

Diodorus Siculus 15:55 20 Mar 04

IE, tools, internet options, content, autocomplete, clear forms.

Eric10 15:55 20 Mar 04

If you're talking about the Google Toolbar, just click the word Google and then 'Clear Search History'.

SumKindaMonster 16:01 20 Mar 04

thanks guys sorted

temp003 16:03 20 Mar 04

If you mean the search history in the Google Toolbar (if you have it), just click the down arrow next to the Google button, on the left of the toolbar, and select Clear Search History.

If you mean the search history on the normal Google search engine, that's part of Internet Explorer's AutoComplete. You can try selectively highlight an item from the history and press the delete button on the keyboard.

Or to remove everything, in IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Content tab, AutoComplete, Clear forms - note this will clear all forms saved by Internet Explorer.

You can also disable AutoComplete here. If you disable this type of AutoComplete (which gives a drop down list), there is still an alternative to use, (which gives the closest match from your history on the line itself without showing you all the near matches in the drop down list - a little more "private").

You can enable the alternative by going to Advanced tab, tick "Use in-line AutoComplete".

Or, don't use AutoComplete at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…