Deleting fonts

Channel 21:21 10 Feb 03

Like an earlier writer,I want to cut down on the number of installed fonts,but don't want to delete any essential ones.(I know a red A means it's important to keep )Is there a list anywhere of fonts used by applications ? I have backed up those deleted so far into a folder in My Documents.I notice that the font used on "Page unobtainable " online has now changed and become much smaller, but of course I don't know which one it used to use !

beeuuem 21:24 10 Feb 03

The list on this page should help you
click here

Djohn 21:38 10 Feb 03

click here And use this free program. I'm on win98se and I have moved 580 fonts into this folder, leaving only 25 in my fonts folder.

At any time I need one of the fonts I go into the folder, load it, use it, and then put it back. This means that every time I boot I only load the 25 fonts but the others are only a click away.

Very easy to use, won't let you disable system fonts, and if you disable a program font by mistake, then just put it back in the fonts folder. J.

Channel 21:53 10 Feb 03

Thanks to you both; The list is just what I was looking for, and the program is worth considering.

Pesala 10:43 11 Feb 03

The Red A only means that the fonts are Adobe Type 1 fonts, not Truetype. They are only important to keep if you use them. Use Adobe Type Manager to uninstall unwanted fonts without deleting them from your system.

I organise my 1,000s of fonts in a folder ...
C:\My Fonts
with subdirectorys to identify the source ...
C:\My Fonts\Perfect Office etc.

Djhon's suggestion may be the best solution if you have more than a few hundred fonts on your system.

Pappyon 15:04 11 Feb 03

Would this list apply to Windows xp also please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…