Deleting Folders In Backup Hard Drive

I have a second hard drive (D) that did have a O/S on it but doesn't anymore. I have some back up files that I wanna keep but it won't let me delete the Windows and Program Files folders. How can I do this please? I am in 'C' at the moment and want to delete these folders. I can't transfer my backup files to 'C' and format 'D' as the folder is too big. Help please.

Taff™ 11:09 26 Aug 07

click here Take ownership of the files. I presume you`re getting some sort of message when you try to delete them?

There is no security tab when I click properties on the windows folder in 'D'. If I right click and select delete it says 'error deleting file or folder cannot delete flash9b.ocx access is denied'. If i try deleting the program files folder it says cannot delete acroIEhelper.dll access is denied.

Taff™ 11:22 26 Aug 07

Have you done this in safe mode as instructed?

I have done that and got ownership but it still wont let me delete them. They are still giving the errors listed above.

Taff™ 11:50 26 Aug 07

Try deleting them in safe mode.

Tried that too!!

Taff™ 11:58 26 Aug 07

click here Killbox. I think you can delete files from an external drive with this. I`ve used it previously on internal drives. Suggest you try one of the above files first.

Even that didn't work! Said file could not be deleted.

Taff™ 12:50 26 Aug 07

Stubborn little .... Can you delete other individual files in these directories? (i.e. is it just a few files that can`t be removed)

Can you rename the files? If you right click them and select properties what are the file attributes? (Read Only / Hidden) - Getting desperate now!

Taff™ 12:50 26 Aug 07

Stubborn little .... Can you delete other individual files in these directories? (i.e. is it just a few files that can`t be removed)

Can you rename the files? If you right click them and select properties what are the file attributes? (Read Only / Hidden) - Getting desperate now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…