Deleting folder

iconoclast 10:45 02 Sep 06

I have a folder on my desktop that I'm trying to delete. Moving to Recycle Bin generates message that the folder is in use by another program or another person and so can't be deleted. I've removed the contents of the folder successfully, but the folder itself won't delete. Any solutions? Thanks

VoG II 10:49 02 Sep 06
  gudgulf 10:52 02 Sep 06

There are probably some "hidden" files in the folder.

Open the folder with explorer then click on tools>folder options>view and put a tick in rthe "show hidden files and folders" box to check what's there.

To delete you can boot into safe mode and try from there or use a removal utility such as Dr.Delete click here to schedule the folder for deletion on rebooting the pc.

Mavisk 10:54 02 Sep 06

Create a new folder, and try dragging the folder you
can't delete into it,then delete.

wee eddie 11:09 02 Sep 06

Have you tried ReBooting

terryf 12:00 02 Sep 06

In explorer, go to tools>folders options>view and allow 'show hidden files etc' and then look to see if there are any in the folder.
Alternatively boot into safe mode (F8) and log on as administrator then try to delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…