Deleting Firefox

Sapins 15:53 06 Sep 08

How do I delete Firefox, Add and Remove won't do it. Can I just delete the Firefox folder?

Technotiger 16:01 06 Sep 08

Try using click here gets rid of just about anything.

Sapins 16:09 06 Sep 08

I would rather not use another programme to get rid of it. Why won't the usual route work?

iscanut2 16:17 06 Sep 08

Can you let us know what happens when you use Add/Remove. I have used this for Firefox in the past without problems. You can just delete the folder with everything in there, but traces will still be in the Registry and elswhere so you will then need to use something like CCleaner.

Eric10 16:18 06 Sep 08

If a program refuses to uninstall, the usual approach is to install it again over the previous installation which should overwrite any files that may be causing the problem. You may then be able to uninstall it.

Technotiger 16:18 06 Sep 08

Hi, Revo un-installer is very much better than Add/Remove.

Technotiger 16:20 06 Sep 08

PS - and Revo does away with the need for other programs such as CCleaner in relation to doing un-installs.

VoG II 16:25 06 Sep 08

Navigate to c:\program files\mozilla firefox\uninstall and double-click on helper.exe

Sapins 16:57 06 Sep 08

Thanks for all your replies, I'll try VoG™'s solution first. Well, when I say I'll try it I mean I will pass on your replies to my B-I-L in the UK who has the problem. I will post back when he has tried you suggestions.

Nuts. nothing happens!

Sapins 17:03 06 Sep 08

I have e-mailed my B-I-L, will let you know what happens.

Sapins 07:52 07 Sep 08

When he tries to use Add Remove nothing happens at all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…