Deleting files on CD-WinXP

000000000 15:54 03 May 04

I have noticed that when adding photos to a CD, numerous copies are made that I dont want. XP will not let me delete these as they are read only. I remove all the attributes but I still get the read only message as the attribute has been restored again. "Help" tells me that the complete CD will have to be deleted. This seems very strange and not what many people need. Any help out there?

Old Shep 15:59 03 May 04

Anything stored on a cd is stored as Read Only. Think you will find that you will have to save them to your hard drive-delete what you want and then re-save them.

Stuartli 17:30 03 May 04

Do you add in multisession form (I'm referring to Nero in my case, but EasyCD has a similar feature)?

When you add new files it should then only add the ones you want.

000000000 22:52 11 May 04

Many thanks to Old Shep and Stuart. Moving files to hard disk was of course the answer. But I think I will just use my Zip 250 in future. It seems a lot easier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…