Deleting files......

SAH 17:09 09 May 04

Hi,

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to retrieve a file once it has been deleted from the recycle bin. I've heard that there is a way to retrieve deleted files of this type, but I'm not sure if it's possible!

stalion 17:11 09 May 04

try this click here

SAH 17:17 09 May 04

Thanks Stalion!

rawprawn 17:20 09 May 04

Also try Restoration (just type the name in google it will give you the download site )

SAH 17:36 09 May 04

Is there any other way of finding deleted files on my PC without downloading additional software?

Belatucadrus 17:51 09 May 04

Not really, once Windows counts a file as deleted it needs additional software to dig it out, even though the file is present and quite intact until overwritten. Handyrecovery is just one of several free packages that can do the job rather well.

SAH 17:59 09 May 04

I've just tried using Handy Recovery, but without success, the problem with this program is that you can't search for a specific name for a file and also I don't know which folder to look in, because once it leaves the recycle bin, I don't know where it's gone!

stalion 18:13 09 May 04

are you running norton

SAH 18:38 09 May 04

No, I'm not, I have got an anti-virus program though. I've just searched again for the file and managed to find it at last, so thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…