Deleting empty mp3 file names in Vista

Girl Friday 12:55 27 Jan 08

Hi I am running Vista Home premium on a Dell Inspiron 531 and have recently deleted some files and their folders. Now when I type the name of common to all of the file names in the search bar above the start button I find a few of them listed, most are gone. If I right click and try to delete I get a message saying they don't exist. If I ask for the location of the file I get a message saying the location is not available and maybe it is on an external source which it is not.Further investigation shows the files (names) I am trying to delete contain zero bytes

Have tried running ccleaner with no effect. I would really like to rid the computer of these file names, any suggestions folks?............J

PS Have tried starting and deleting in safe mode but did not work!

brundle 13:07 27 Jan 08

Rebuild the search index; click here

Girl Friday 13:21 27 Jan 08

Hi I have not seen any answers as yet, sadly.............J

Girl Friday 14:03 27 Jan 08

Thanks indeed they seem to have gone now. Much obliged to you but have they really gone from the PC?..................J

Girl Friday 09:41 29 Jan 08

Just a thought! Does Vista put copies of all files on recovery drive D (Dell Inspiron 531) or just the O.S and programmes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…