Deleting email address history in hotmail

frybluff 27 Feb 12
Answered

When signing into Hotmail, if the address box is empty, and I click on it (to enter my email address), Hotmail provides a drop down list of all the email addresses that have been opened, in the past, on that computer, to choose from.

That may save me a bit of typing, but it's hardly great security. I've looked through the security settings, and can't see a way to turn that history off.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

lotvic 01 Mar 12
Answer

In Firefox, it's Tools -> Options -> Privacy, and untick 'Remember search and form history'

or to just clear a time range, Tools -> Clear Recent History, and untick what you want to keep and put tick in 'Form & Search History'

You might have to test that out to make sure it doesn't re-remember them when the ticks are back in the above detailed boxes. It might mean restarting FF to see if they have come back as suggestion auto-completes or something. It's getting late and I'm tired....

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message