Deleting e-mails and preview pane

Sapins 09:00 14 May 04

Like a lot of people I do not have the preview pane in Outlook Express set to open when I click on an e-mail. However I have just discovered that if you delete an e-mail while it is "opened" to enable you to read it, O/E will automatically open the next message in your In-Box, thereby defeating the object of having the preview pane set to off! I now go back to the inbox if I want to delete a message.

Just to let people who are not familiar with setting the preview pane how to do it, go to View - Layout and make sure there is no tick in the box "Show preview pane"

Old Shep 09:13 14 May 04

Thanks for that Sapins. I am surprised you have not got Mailwasher click here so you can preview and delete unwanted spam etc off the server then you don't have to worry about your inbox. Its free by the way. Regards.

Sapins 09:22 14 May 04

Hi Old Shep, I don't want mailwasher or any of the other free progs like ad-aware etc; I have enough trouble configuring NAV, IE and OE :-))

Regards,

Sapins.

Stuartli 09:34 14 May 04

That's why you delete an e-mail only when it is highlighted and preferably by using the Tool Bar's Delete button...:-)

See:

click here

Sapins 09:42 14 May 04

Maybe a short thread outlining these "Rules" for OE, or other programmes, would be a good idea? It would certainly help me.

Sapins 11:00 14 May 04

@

Stuartli 13:39 14 May 04

That's what's outlined in my link for OE, which is the choice of most people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…