deleting duplicate files on picasa2

justkevin 23:22 10 Jan 08

I have a number of duplicated files or pics on picasa2 all spread across a number of different albums,is there a way to delete these duplications?

read this before deleting anything
click here

DieSse 23:57 10 Jan 08

Picasa albums don't actually "contain" any files - they merely point to where the files are actually stored.

That's why it's possible to put the same file in a single location into several albums.

Deleting files from an album simply takes out the "pointers" - not the files. Think of an album as a set of shortcuts, rather than actual files.

Try it with an experiment to see what happens - and what doesn't.

justkevin 12:51 11 Jan 08

Hi thanks Raven also DieSse the link was very useful,it didn't explain how I could remove a file from the album without deleting it from the hard drive after I had located all the apparent duplicate images.

bretsky 13:03 11 Jan 08

I think you have to "Hide" the files, as you say, if you delete them you delete them off the system!

bretsky ;0)

justkevin 15:58 11 Jan 08

I think what I want to do is identify which album files are attached to,when I see the duplicates in experiment ,I can see where the file is on the hard drive but not on which album

justkevin 18:25 11 Jan 08

How do I import a folder from an external hard drive ,I can see from import that I can import one file but not a folder full.Will picassa identify duplicates in the process

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now