deleting duplicate files, photos etc.

bumpkin 20:03 08 Jun 15
Answered

CCleaner is showing hundreds of these but I need to tick every one before trying to delete and then it does not always do so. I have 1 ssd and 2 HDD's which I want to deal with individualy ie I don.t want to delete anything that is part of my backup. Any suggestions please.

northumbria61 20:54 08 Jun 15

Can be fraught with danger if you are not sure what you are doing.

bumpkin 21:10 08 Jun 15

Thanks to both for the replies, best left alone on your advice, not a lot of disk space taken anyway.

bumpkin 21:16 08 Jun 15

Tried to green tick but that seems something yet to be sorted with the new format site.

bumpkin 21:16 08 Jun 15

Tried to green tick but that seems something yet to be sorted with the new format site.

bumpkin 22:33 08 Jun 15

I can see it but it changes from "is answer" to "not answer" but how I am supposed to post it I don't know.

bumpkin 22:50 08 Jun 15

Thanks jock1e, not a stupid mistake , it does work as demonstrated with this thread but not the simlest thing to understand.

bumpkin 22:50 08 Jun 15

Thanks jock1e, not a stupid mistake , it does work as demonstrated with this thread but not the simlest thing to understand.

bumpkin 22:55 08 Jun 15
Answer

I don't mind changes but what was wrong with the previous "tick as resolved" option

bumpkin 22:55 08 Jun 15

I don't mind changes but what was wrong with the previous "tick as resolved" option

oxanadaniel 16:45 17 Jul 15

Duplicate Files Deleter is a simple, but effective tool to locate duplicate files in one or more selected search paths. It scans the files and compares them based on Byte for Byte Comparison, which ensures 100% accuracy. You can then choose to delete the selected duplicate or original files. The program is multi-threaded and performs scans quickly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…