Deleting double files

podlod 10:17 AM 07 Jul 11

Hi, Like everybody else I have a folder named MY PICTURES in which obviously all my photos are stored,but occasionly, in fact every time I save a file or letter, or anything for that matter it not only enters the place I wished the item to go, but also doubles up and enters MY PICTURES where I then have to delete the subject in question. Could you please explain to me on how I can stop this action.... in laymans terms please?

Thank you.
  Peter 14:43 PM 07 Jul 11

Are you sure that you are deleting a duplicate file? Perhaps you are just deleting a Shortcut to that file. Try Right Clicking on the "file" and see if the properties are the same for each of the "duplicates". There may be a file size difference and/or one might show as a Shortcut in the file properties.

Peter.

1. Line 1

2. Line 2

3. Line 3

Just testing numbered line entries. That was a bit of a pain!

podlod 08:24 AM 09 Jul 11

Hi Peter, I have up until now deleted the copies from my> MY PICTURES, but when I make another copy I will reply to your question, thanks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites