deleting .dll files

maund 15:16 13 Feb 04

Hi there,

I downloaded Cool Mouse software from the net last week. I removed it using add/remove programs, however a couple of .dll files are remaining and I cannot delete them. I get the message stating Cannot delete cmhook:access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Can someone give me advice on how to get rid of these files.

Kind regards

David

scooby43 15:30 13 Feb 04

hm sounds like the program may have got corrupt have you tried deleting them even from a restart.

Eric10 17:36 13 Feb 04

Have you tried to delete them in Safe Mode?

minter 21:56 13 Feb 04

The files may be being used by another program(s).

If they are not doing any harm it would be best to leave them alone and forget about them.

But, if you are dead bent on getting rid of them then delete them manually so they go in the rubbish bin, remember where you removed them from (in case you have to put them back later on - I know the bin allows "restore" - but better safe than sorry) and see if everything runs ok for a week or two, and then delete them from your bin.

If after removing them some other programs start playing up, then put them back from whence them came pronto!!

woodchip 22:01 13 Feb 04

As above they may have been updated to newer Shared files why bother about two dll files, I bet you have 60Gb free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…