deleting data on DVD-RW discs

sheila.weston 12:01 17 Jan 07

Can someone remind me how to delete the data on a DVD-RW disc. I thought there was an option in Nero-7 for this, but I can't find it?

I thought that I had seen this come up on the forum before, but I have done a search and can't find it.

Many thanks, as always.

Sheila

recap 12:24 17 Jan 07

"Please make sure you have InCD installed, if not you can download it from the Nero download page-click here package-3
when finished installing InCD reboot the p.c.. Once the system is backup open the Nero StartStart and select your Disk type at the top of the StartSmart and choose DVD then proceed to the 'Data' Category and select
your Task-'Format/PrePare RW DVD' and place your DVD in the drive and click
on Start to format the RW DVD. Once the Format is complete close the InCD
program as well as the Nero StartSmart. The Format process creates a UDF file system on the DVD-RW disk which allows you use the DVD-RW like a floppy disk, just open 'My Computer' or the 'Windows Explorer' program to drag and drop your files directly to the recorder. Example: lets say you copied
5 folders to the DVD-RW disk and no longer need a certain folder, just right click on the folder and select delete to remove that one folder from the DVD, this make the process alot easier than using Nero Burning Rom and going through the erase option which erases all data from the disk and burning files over again."

Extracted from click here

sheila.weston 13:11 17 Jan 07

Thank you, Recap, but Oh Dear! I have had a lot of problems with Nero in the past and was advised to remove INCD from my system (Windows XP). I am rather reluctant to reinstall it, so hope that there is a way around this. I thought that there was an option in nero express, but I can't find it.

Sheila

Shas 13:28 17 Jan 07

In Nero 6 you get there from either the 'Extras' button in Start Smart, or the 'More' button in Nero Express. Don't know how much Nero 6 differs from Nero 7, but it might have something similar :o)

leedaz 14:05 17 Jan 07

In 'My Computer' Right click the offending drive and choose 'Erase This CD-RW'. The windows CD Writing wizard opens and follow the prompts.

BRYNIT 14:53 17 Jan 07

In Nero 7 if you use Nero express to the left side click on the small triangle this opens further options including erase disk.

In Nero Smartstart move your mouse pointer over the far right icon this will give you the options to erase CD/DVD

I have not had any problems with the InCD version that came with Nero 7

sheila.weston 15:05 17 Jan 07

Got there!

Many thanks, Shas. I had got the left hand (blue)column hidden in the Nero Express window. Clicking on the tiny arrow at the left hand side opened it and showed the various options.

Incidentally, leedaz, I tried your suggestion and there doesn't seem to be an erase option.

Sheila

sheila.weston 15:08 17 Jan 07

Thanks Brynit. You just beat me to it!

leedaz 07:14 18 Jan 07

Maybe only xp pro?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…