deleting a corrupt file from your c drive

pesky 13:02 01 Nov 03

I have just purchased 'Halo' and needed to upgrade my video driver to enable me to play the game. I contacted the Time helpline and was advised to download the ATI Radeon Catalyst. During download it goes to Instal Wizard. This takes you through a series of 'next' buttons and at the end a message appears which reads, ' The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity and try again.' I cannot seem to delete the corrupt file from my C drive. I have deleted it and started the process again however the download always goes straight to 'Instal Wizard'. I have also tried system restore but this does not help either. I am a complete novice to the world of PC's so any help would be much appreciated.

slimbo51 15:03 01 Nov 03

When a file won't delete it usually means it is still running in the background, and as such will not alow removal.

To check if this is the case go to "RUN" and type in "MSCONFIG" (No Quotes).

If u can find the running process remove the tick in the box and reboot.

This should now allow u to delete file.

Come back if this is not the soloution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…