Deleting Cookies

graham√ 14:11 10 Jun 03

It seems every Tom, Dick and Harry is putting cookies on my system, so I've decided to clear them every day until I find which I want to keep (this site for one!). I have 317, but when I 'select all' I cannot delete because the Index is in use. Tried sending the Index to the desktop and then deleting from the file, but it won't have it. Is there another way, apart from deleting each one individually?

mikef™ 14:18 10 Jun 03

Tools/internet options/General/Delete cookies.

Megatyte 14:18 10 Jun 03

If you're using IE then click Tools - Internet Options and click Delete Cookies.

AH

Megatyte 14:19 10 Jun 03

Snap!!

hoverman 14:20 10 Jun 03

Left click on the first one, then use the down arrow key to select just the cookies while holding down the shift key. Right click the highlighted cookies and delete.

-pops- 14:20 10 Jun 03

On IE?

If so: Tools, Internet Options, General tab, Delete Cookies. Or have you unsuccessfully tried that? - works for me.

Brian

-pops- 14:21 10 Jun 03

Many minds with but a single method!!

hoverman 14:22 10 Jun 03

mikef™'s method is the quickest though.

hugh-265156 14:23 10 Jun 03

try cleanup.a great little program click here

Djohn 14:24 10 Jun 03

There is probably a much better way, But when I came across this I found that selecting a couple of rows at a time worked fine.

After approx. 6 rows I came across the cookie that was causing the problem, Left that one and selected all the others, and deleted ok. Did a re-boot and found I could now delete the one obstinate cookie. j

mikef™ 14:27 10 Jun 03

Another option is a cookie buster a free one from here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…