Deleting Cookies.

timothywilliam 21:01 23 May 03

Has anyone had thje courage to delete All the Cookies on their computer ?

I have just checked my Cookie file and there are hundreds of them. I realise that deleting them means some web addresses have to be re-introduced but some of them look important to me ie. Microsoft and my ISP for instance. My Privacy rating is set to Medium.
Although I have 28GB of hard disk left all these cookies must be taking up space and more importantly clogging up the system. I have tried deleting those that look irrelevant and keeping those that look important but it is too big a task- its delete the lot or leave 'em.

What views folks ?

leo49 21:05 23 May 03

I delete everything every night - no cookie is important.:o)

citadel 21:12 23 May 03

just delete them all along with temporary files. I do this often, they come back after every internet session.

johnem 21:57 23 May 03

Just delete them. The small amount of time saved whenyou next re-visit a site is fairly minimal. I use "Internet Cleanup" to automatically clear history, cache, cookies and temp files. may seem a bit over the top, but it does keep the system clean. click here

mikef™ 22:12 23 May 03

Same as leo49 seems a waste of disc space to keep them on.

keith-236785 22:18 23 May 03

The only one i keep is one for my stocks and shares Portfolio, because if i delete this one it takes me about 30 minutes to retype all the information in again. but normally you can delete them safely. i can see you understand that you will have to log on again to some websites (user name & password) so if this isnt a problem, go ahead and clear them. dont forget also to delete all temporary internet files. they will take up more space than the cookies.

good luck

Michael-240508 23:31 23 May 03

I delete my cookies after every session. I dont lose any of my passwords or find any inconvenience or loss of speed when resurfing my favourites or ebooks. Only secure sites i.e banking require that I retype my password or pin and to be honest I would prefer to do that.

Audeal 23:49 23 May 03

Cookie Wall is a program that will give you full control over what cookies you keep and which you delete as they are put onto your comp. I have been on many sites which put as many as six or seven cookies from the one site on your comp, which is quite shocking and gives you an in-site as to what these companies are doing to us without out knowledge.

Just allow the cookies you want to pass Cookie Wall and tell it to delete all others. I have only four on my machine and they are the ones that I want to be there.
click here
On the left click on Network Utilities then scroll down to Browser Oddons.

kimjhon 01:44 24 May 03

Have a look at all the cookies on your PC. See if they are 'safe', get an idea what they are for, and how long they are configured to stay there.
Then delete what you dont want.

Karen's Cookie Viewer (free)
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac