Deleting all of Norton AV 2001

24army 11:45 26 Aug 03

I am trying to delete Norton AV 2001 from a win 95 machine. How do I delete NAVAP.VXD? It won't let me do so using windows remove or windows explorer. PS Norton arn't much help.

Brian-336451 11:52 26 Aug 03

If you go to the website and look, you'll find that they do a little software gizmo that rids you of all the files and such like that you normally can't find.

You may have to search under 'Uninstalling' or such like, I know they do it as I emailed a friend with it not a month ago and it works a treat.

Brian-336451 11:57 26 Aug 03

Try this click here=

Its a bit tricky to find manually so use that link and you'll be fixed up

24army 14:16 26 Aug 03

Not That Brian May. Thank you. I did as you suggested but when I started to get rid of the fiddly bits up came "No Kernel32.dll" Gulp. Wot is it and what do I do now?

Brian-336451 17:03 27 Aug 03

I am not sure.

If it were me, I would place that downloaded file where I could easily find it and try going into MSDOS mode and running the instruction in dos.

If that doesn't work, the website address above actually gives you instructions on how to delete NAV manually.

If you start the computer in safe mode or dos, you should be able to navigate to C:\windows\system (I think) to manually find and delete navap.vxd. You can do a search to find exactly where that file is. You may have to select view all files in case it has system or hidden attributes.

Brian-336451 17:05 27 Aug 03

If you have the NAV CD, re-install the program and then reboot.

After rebooting, then uninstall the program in the normal way - this often sorts out the problem without getting into complicated bits.

Jester2K II 17:14 27 Aug 03

click here

Can you clarify the "No Kernel32.dll" bit.

What was the EXACT message??

Brian-336451 22:23 27 Aug 03

I must admit that foxed me completely. I looked at Symantec for that error and couldn't find anything that fitted the bill.

Hence the re-install then uninstall option.

24army 07:46 28 Aug 03

Many thanks to everyone who responded. The situation has been sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…