Deleting an administrator account off xp pro

paradiddle1984 23:19 06 May 03

ok, i posted this a while ago and ive forgotten how to do it, i figured it out for myself last ime so the solution isnt on here.

I have 2 administrator accounts on my pc, the default one called "administrator" and the one i created called "paul" i nhever use the one called "paul" so i wish to delete it. How can i do so, it doesnt let me do it through control panel

Rhuddlan 23:27 06 May 03

Have you tried clicking on the user account picture at the top of the start menu, this will open user accounts, when you say it doesn't let you do this through control panel, what do you mean? is there a message or does nothing happen, can you give me more details about the problem, regards, Rhuddlan.

paradiddle1984 23:30 06 May 03

when i select "change acount" thru control panel, it doesnt list the option to delete it.

paradiddle1984 23:34 06 May 03

its ok i did it through the computer management console tree

fitshase 23:37 06 May 03

Are you trying to delete the account while logged in on the Paul account?

If so you need to log out then log in to the administrator account and then:-

- select Start\Control Panel\User Accounts

- select Paul from the list

- select Delete the account.

You cannot delete an account while logged into it.

paradiddle1984 23:38 06 May 03

I know i had already logged out of it, it doesnt matte rive done it through computer management anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…