Deleteing emails

cruiser2 19:11 PM 04 Aug 12

I use Mozilla Firefox for my emails. I have four different email addresses which end in @talktalk.net Is there a quick and easy way to delete several emails from both the Inbox and the Trash folder at the same time. I can get many emails which are out of date when I have been away on holiday. Refuse to look at them when I am on holiday. At present, I have to tick each email individually and then clock on Delete. When I tick the small box the email is highlighted in grey. But I can only do one at once. Any advice much appreciated

rdave13 19:54 PM 04 Aug 12

Firefox is just a browser. What email program do you use or do you just use web mail?

Sea Urchin 20:54 PM 04 Aug 12

Click the first one you want to delete, and then holding down the Ctrl key click on the others. Release the Ctrl key and press Delete

rdave13 20:56 PM 04 Aug 12

Sea Urchin , sure it's not the SHIFT key?

Sea Urchin 21:04 PM 04 Aug 12

The Shift key can only be used for sequential mails - ie Nos 7 to 23 for example. But from the OP's description it sounds like they want to select mail from different areas

Woolwell 21:18 PM 04 Aug 12

I think that cruiser 2 is using webmail ie "When I tick the small box". Regret that I don't think that shift or ctrl will allow you to select mutliple boxes. You may be able to delete all on a page though. Is there a drop down arrow at the top by delete? I don't use talktalk so am not sure about the last.

Sea Urchin 21:32 PM 04 Aug 12

Using the Ctrl key you can select the boxes in just the same way on webmail.

rdave13 21:35 PM 04 Aug 12

If web mail there should be a box at the top to tick to delete all surely, or TalkTalk's web mail is different to every ones else's.

Sea Urchin 21:48 PM 04 Aug 12

Yes, but cruiser2 doesn't want to delete the ALL - just the out of date ones that are no longer of interest.

rdave13 22:14 PM 04 Aug 12

Trash select all. Spam select all. Rest, read headers and decide. That's what we all do isn't it?

Woolwell 22:17 PM 04 Aug 12

But isn't ctrl the same as individually ticking each one? I read it that block selection is required.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED