Deleted program shortcut

Clapton is God 16:34 22 Jan 11

Windows 7. Office 2010.

I've managed to delete the shortcut to PowerPoint in Start; All Programs; MS Office and, thus, can't launch PowerPoint!

How do I restore (or replace) the shortcut?

Please note that for various reasons System Restore isn't an option.

gengiscant 16:37 22 Jan 11

Run an Office repair / diagnostics?

VoG II 16:41 22 Jan 11

Start, Run, enter

powerpnt

and click OK.

GaT7 16:41 22 Jan 11

By default PowerPoint's executable is in this folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\POWERPNT.EXE. Create a shortcut from it & drag the latter into your Start > All Programs folder. G

gengiscant 16:41 22 Jan 11

Sorry for the 2 posts not sure what happened,I meant to go on to say in Office 2007 the diagnostic tool is under the Microsoft office folder then Microsoft Office Tools,then Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

Batch 16:41 22 Jan 11

For ease, I would do this as a two stage process.

1. Search for Powerpoint.exe and RIGHT click on it and drag to the Desktop and then select Create Shortcut here.

2. Then move the shortcut that you've created in the step above to whereevr you want it.

Jollyjohn 16:45 22 Jan 11

Using search look for *.exe - this will list all the executable files on your computer. One of them will be PowerPoint. When you find it right click on it and "Send to desktop(create shortcut)" and a new shortcut should appear on your desktop.

Clapton is God 16:59 22 Jan 11

Yours seem to be the solution I need.

However, I've been using Win 7 for about 3 nanoseconds and still finding my way around it - slowly.

Where do I find the Start; All Programs FOLDER??

GaT7 17:17 22 Jan 11

Sorry, it will be located here I think: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

You may need to enable 'Show hidden files, folders, or drives' in Folder Options (click here) to view it. G

rdave13 17:21 22 Jan 11

You could also try typing powerpoint in the start/search box. copy and past the .exe file icon from the list to your desktop.

GaT7 17:25 22 Jan 11

This should be helpful too 'How to Add or Delete Start Menu All Programs Shortcuts in Windows 7' click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…