Deleted pictures....HELP

SnowWhite_x 21:31 22 May 07

I think I've deleted 'My Pictures' file by accident! I still have them all on 'picaso' program and am sure its a simple procedure to open another 'My pictures' file, but need your expertise to guide me? Have done the..opening another 'My Pictures' file bit...how do I now transfer all pics to it?
I'm using windows XP home edition.
Thanx for your help in advance.

wee eddie 22:27 22 May 07

If you did they should all be in there

SnowWhite_x 22:48 22 May 07

nope, the files not there, i did a system restore to try and resolve, to no avail, is that why 'My Pictures' file is not in recycle bin.

wee eddie 23:46 22 May 07

Start > Search > put "My Pictures" in the box and off you go

try
click here
if previous suggestion doesnt pick them up

lindyloo4 06:44 23 May 07

If no luck with the above you should be able to export them back from Picasa.
Firstly make a new folder as the folder where you wish to keep them. Open Picasa, highlight the photos, select one then click edit- select all, then click file - export picture to folder. From there you will have to browse to your new folder and click OK.

Hope this helps, good luck.

wee eddie 07:55 23 May 07

If you have not cleared the Recycle Bin and the missing pictures are not there.

Then the most likely scenario is that you have accidentally dragged My Pictures into another Folder. That is the reason for suggesting doing a Search.

Although I have never lost My Pictures that way, I have done the same thing with any number of other Folders over the years. When I think about it I reckon that I do that about 3 or 4 times a year.

jack 16:24 23 May 07

Go to Sesrch, and the field type

*.jpeg [That is asterisk- shift fig 8]

And just see them flooding in from all over in corners you did not know you had.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…