Deleted Photos

BURGMAN02 13:59 18 Aug 03

Can I recover photos I mistakenly deleted?

Are there any free programs to do this?

Any help gratefully received.

Confab 14:05 18 Aug 03

Yes you can recover them click here

Jester2K II 14:10 18 Aug 03

Free - download and copy to floppy on another PC (to avoid overwriting your deleted data)

click here

BURGMAN02 14:10 18 Aug 03

Thanks Confab - I'll try it now.

BURGMAN02 17:52 18 Aug 03

Confab and Jester2K II - very many thanks for your very smart responses to my problem. It seems the data HAS been overwritten and therefore lost.

I am relatively new to computers and at 71 years of age, I don't think my brain functions as of days of yore!

Anyway, the world hasn't come to an end and I have learnt something really useful this afternoon if only to be more careful with my pics in future. And it is a little humbling to have you good people so ready and willing with help. Bless you both.

User-312386 17:55 18 Aug 03

why did you not tell BURGMAN02 about Fast file undelete?

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:03 18 Aug 03

If you have Goback you will be able to select a date and time previous to the deletion.

jakedawe 19:21 18 Aug 03

Where were they deleted from? You may not have lost them completely. Are they pics from a Digital Camera, if so, were they taken on a Card which you have deleted them from?

The Sack 20:37 18 Aug 03

FWIW you can get a 100% free file recovery program if you click here

wee eddie 21:03 18 Aug 03

If the photos were on your Hard Drive, it is most/very/quite unlikely that they have been overwritten unless you have written a novel since you deleted them.

If they were in the camera memory, almost anything you have done will have removed them.

Give Jester2K II's suggestion a whirl.

BURGMAN02 22:07 19 Aug 03

A million thanks to all you lovely people for your help.
The pics have been recovered from the hard drive which was fed by my Fuji A303 digital camera in JPeg format. (Whatever that is!). I am a complete nerd but at least I've knocked a few radians off my steep computer learning curve.
I was extremely fortunate to get the assistance of a gentleman who teaches computer technology and I can't pretend to fully understand what he was doing. Perhaps one day I will.
I have downloaded all the suggested programs and will try and make sense of them. I didn't know they existed before I found this well- patronised and essential Website.
Once again - Bless you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…