DELETED NEARLY ALL MY PHOTOS BY MISTAKE

Linda Weir 20:43 14 Jul 09

DOING a bit of housekeepingonmy pc. I deleted an anoying file that someone had put on my camera and downloaded onto Canon Zoombrowser, it said' are yo sure you want to delete all 123 or so files, i sadid yes. i thought that was how many pictures were on the file. in fact it looks like i just deleted everything i have takenwith the canon for about 4 years. some irreplaceable. i have a maxtor backup running but not so sure of that.

has the lot goneor its it replaceable.?? linda

MIke 20:49 14 Jul 09

try some recovery software click here others out there if you try google

Sea Urchin 21:18 14 Jul 09

You could try CampicRestor

click here

Technotiger 21:18 14 Jul 09

You can recover your photos with this click here

When recovered you will find them in this programs Folder, Digital Image Recovery or DIR for short.

Or you can browse and choose where you want them to go - I would suggest create a New Folder on your Desktop initially, easy to find then.

Under File name prefix: enter .jpg

Linda Weir 22:32 14 Jul 09

thanks for your advice Mike ,SEa Urchin and Technotiger, so greateful to you for helping and knowing these things.

As with each disaster, i have learned a great deal and forced to learn things i had avoided after spending several hours highly motivated - by fear.

thanks again you guys. wonderful , the power of peoplehelping each other for fun.we don't need politicians. i am inspired.

Technotiger 22:34 14 Jul 09

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

Technotiger 22:36 14 Jul 09

BTW - don't forget to give your thread the Green-tick Resolved.

Scroll down to the bottom of your thread, put a tick in the box and then click on the word Resolved.

Cheers ... TT

woodchip 22:36 14 Jul 09

Best thing about this little program, it works on all Windows Platforms

BT 07:42 15 Jul 09

Now you have learned your lesson MAKE A BACKUP on CD/DVD/Memory stick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017