Deleted "My Music" folder

jolie1 19:31 12 Sep 06

Can anyone please help. I recently deleted the My Music folder, disastrous as I had an extensive libraby and no back up!!! I have downloaded several free trial software packages to see which one locates the most files to no avail really. They seem to have a problem with 'wma' files although they do seem to locate the itunes file which they seem to be also located in. I also have a few 'mpeg' 'avi'jpeg' files that would be nice to recover. Can anyone please advise some not too expensive software they know will recover these for me, (if I have not completely overwritten alreay of course)!!!

johnnyrocker 19:32 12 Sep 06

if you have not gone the whole hog maybe they are in recycle bin?

johnny.

VoG II 19:33 12 Sep 06

Try click here - run it from a different drive e.g a floppy or pen drive.

skidzy 19:37 12 Sep 06

Shot in the dark here,try using Picasa 2 from google.

It scans the harddrive for everything,pics,and music etc.click here

skidzy 19:47 12 Sep 06

Have you tried using the search function,try typing *.mp3 and *.wma into search and see if that comes up with anything.

Hope this helps.

jolie1 14:07 13 Sep 06

Unfortunately the file was too big to go in the recycle bin so it bypassed the bin and permanantly deleted the folder!

i will try suggested software, thanks

jimv7 14:12 13 Sep 06

Have you tried a system resore.

€dstowe 14:26 13 Sep 06

No backup?

jolie1 22:14 13 Sep 06

I tried a system restore but I didn't think a restore would recover deleted files I was under the impression that it just returned the system to the previous settings not undeleted data files.

No backup i'm afraid, it's a long story!

skidzy 22:45 13 Sep 06

Jolie did you try Picasa

jolie1 09:28 14 Sep 06

Hi skidzy,
I haven't had the opportunity yet but hopefully will have time today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…