Deleted Google desktop and now i cant load windows

robeg 19:24 07 Aug 10

hello,
i recently purchased a P.C with windows XP pro on it.
After loading avast onto it and running an anti virus check ( 43 infections found) and re-installing the windows firewall, i set out to remove some additional programs from the PC.
just before the problem i went into the USER ACCOUNTS file and noticed that was a computer administrator account and a user account named KATIE, i deleted the katie account and changed the name of the computer admin account to R&B.
Then i went to my control panel and attempted to remove google desktop from my PC, My pc advised me it would have to close 2 applications regarding an instant messenger and something else that has now slipped my mind. So... the computer screen went black like it was about to restart but then.... the screen went blue and it said it was running a disk check and advised i could cancel it but advised me to continue, so i did and the disk check slowly run itself to 100% complete and then i was presented with the black screen with WINDOWS XP in the centre of the screen and waited to continue to the welcome screen (blue) which is where you would have to click on a user, before i made changes to the user accounts this welcome screen would bring up the computer admin account named ( OWNER ) and the account i deleted named KATIE, but now it just brings up the welcome screen with no accounts to select and just sits on the welcome screen and does not proceed to windows. i have no idea what has caused this. i have not tried to load up in safe mode mainly because even if it worked i wouldn't know what i was looking for. Could the changes i made in user account affected this?
Many thanks to anyone who might be able to shed some light on my problem.

VoG II 20:51 07 Aug 10

Try a repair click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…